cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: content-length (was cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon Engine.java
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 22:18:06 GMT
balld@locus.apache.org wrote:
>+                }
>+
>+                if (!VERBOSE && page.isText()) {
>+                    response.setContentLength(page.getContent().length());

Unfortunately that won't work - it needs to be in number of bytes, which
isn't necessarily the same as the number of characters.

I have a version sitting on my disc that should work, but there are some
other related changes I'm working on so I can't commit it just yet - I hope
to be making an announcement on this soon...