cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject [C2] [Q] Closing files in ComposerGenerators
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2000 12:00:18 GMT
Is there an explicit way of closing files opened by ComposerGenerators?

At present it looks like they are closed implicitly when the VM gets round to it, but this
is problematic for us because we want to be able to update the input files without restarting
Cocoon and we can't gain write access unless the files are closed.

On a related note, is there any built in mechanism for caching the output of ComposerGenerators?

AbstractServerPage appears to provide hooks for caching and file modification checking, but
isn't used by ServerPagesGenerator.  Can I / should I use this instead?

Thanks,

Stuart.

Lead Developer                                  Mac OS X, Java, XML, etc.