cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject Re: Tomcat/4.0-m5 and Cocoon2 - "file /sitemap.xmap\sitemap.xmap not found"
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2000 19:52:49 GMT
If I don't put any tools.jar in the WEB-INF/lib/ directory then the sitemap compiles, but doesn't
seem to be found when it comes to using it.  So, as you say, the code for checking for the
CLASSIC and MODERN compilers seems to work.

However, the documentation talks about having to put tools.jar in the WEB-INF/lib/ directory
because of classloader issues.  This is where I'm lost - I don't know why this is necessary,
so I'll stuggling to follow this through and work out the implications.  I tried creating
a tools.jar file by copying the sun/rmi/rmic/* and sun/tools/* directories into a separate
jar and dropping this into WEB-INF/lib/, but this didn't seem to help.

I notice that there are some more updates to cocoon in the CVS which are labelled as improving
logging and affect the classloading.  So I've just downloaded them and will try with those
to see if they tell me anything more.

Thanks for all your help on this.  Oh for life without classloaders!

Stuart.

On Monday, December 18, 2000, at 07:44 PM, Paul Russell wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 06:22:11PM +0000, Stuart Roebuck wrote:
> > Paul,
> > On Sun's page:
> > 	<http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/tooldocs/tools-changes.html>
> > Which refers to the differences between 1.1 and 1.2 it uses
> > sun.tools.javac.Main in the examples and indicates that it is the same for
> > 1.1 and 1.2.
>
> Darn, ignore me -- it's only a warning. The old compiler is working fine,
> which means this isn't what's causing your problem. Have you got anywhere
> at all yet?

Lead Developer                                  Mac OS X, Java, XML, etc.