cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject Re: Tomcat/4.0-m5 and Cocoon2 - "file /sitemap.xmap\sitemap.xmap not found"
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2000 18:22:11 GMT
Paul,

On Sun's page:

	<http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/tooldocs/tools-changes.html>

Which refers to the differences between 1.1 and 1.2 it uses sun.tools.javac.Main in the examples
and indicates that it is the same for 1.1 and 1.2.

So, unless this page is wrong, this isn't a pre-1.2 problem.  Is 1.3 a requirement for Cocoon
2?  I didn't think it was.

The separation of tools into tools.jar may be a uniquely MacOS X issue.  I'm working on finding
that out.  I'm more than happy to separate these off if necessary/possible for myself, but
I tried that a few hours ago and it didn't seem to help.

Stuart.

On Monday, December 18, 2000, at 05:32 PM, Paul Russell wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 04:29:10PM +0000, Stuart Roebuck wrote:
> > However, this really does look like it's boiling down the to change in classpath
from:

> > 	sun.tools.javac

> > 	com.sun.tools.javac
> >
> > which took place from 1.2 to 1.3 I think.
>
> Ahh. I thought that happened *ages* ago. Maybe the MacOS port is behind
> in that respect (1.2 had a separate tools.jar on linux, so..).
> Are you happy to modify the code yourself to get that to work? I'm not
> entirely sure it's a good idea to commit a workaround when I *think*
> this is something which only affects the one platform.
>
> What do the other developers think?
>

> Paul
> cc Cocoon-dev for input.
>
> --
> Paul Russell                                 Email:   paul@luminas.co.uk
> Technical Director                             Tel:  +44 (0)20 8553 6622
> Luminas Internet Applications                  Fax:  +44 (0)870 28 47489
> This is not an official statement or order.    Web:    www.luminas.co.uk

Lead Developer                                  Mac OS X, Java, XML, etc.