cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject Re: [TC4] ClassCastException with HttpServletrequestWrapper
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2000 09:42:09 GMT
This immediate issue has been solved.  Thanks to responses on the Cocoon-Users list.  I'm just
cross-posting the fix for anyone who reads this in isolation.

I needed to change the classpath reference in the web.xml file inside the cocoon/WEB-INF/
directory in the cocoon webapp.  The default reference is for 'tomcat' and needs to be changed
to 'catalina'. I believe this is a short-term issue with the current builds.

Stuart.

On Saturday, December 16, 2000, at 06:34 PM, Stuart Roebuck wrote:

> I've just tried the latest version and seem to have further problems with compiling.

> Here's a section from the log:
>
> > ERROR   93630   [cocoon  ] (Thread-3): Error compiling sitemap
> > org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
> > _sitemap_xmap:
> > Line 22, column 7: Class org.apache.avalon.Configurable not found in import.Line
23,
> > column 7: Class org.apache.avalon.Configuration not found in import.Line 24, column

> > 7: Class org.apache.avalon.ConfigurationException not found in import.Line 25,

> > column 7: Class org.apache.avalon.DefaultConfiguration not found in import.Line

> 26,
> > column 7: Class org.apache.avalon.Parameters not found in import.Line 28, column
7:
> > Class org.apache.regexp.RE not found in import.Line 29, column 7: Class
> > org.apache.regexp.REProgram not found in import.Line 31, column 7: Class
> > org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon not found in import.Line 32, column 7: Class
> > org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException not found in import.Line 33, column 7: Class

> > org.apache.cocoon.acting.Action not found in import.Line 34, column 7: Class
> > org.apache.cocoon.environment.Environment not found in import.Line 35, column 7:

> > Class org.apache.cocoon.matching.Matcher not found in import.Line 36, column 7:

> > Class org.apache.cocoon.selection.Selector not found in import.Line 37, column 7:

> > Class org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap not found in import.Line 38,
> > column 7: Class org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.ComponentHolder not found in
> import.Line
> > 39, column 7: Class org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.ResourcePipeline not found in
> > import.Line 40, column 7: Class org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Sitemap not found in

> > import.Line 41, column 7: Class org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.ErrorNotifier not found

> > in import.Line 42, column 7: Class org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager not found in

> > import.Line 51, column 35: Superclass org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap

> > of class
> >
> _Users._stuart._OpenSource._build._tomcat_4_0._webapps._cocoon._sitemap_xmap
>
> > not found.
> >

> This is trying to view the standard welcome page of the standard cocoon webapp, under

> Tomcat - latest CVS.
>
> Stuart.
>

> On Friday, December 15, 2000, at 06:00 PM, Berin Loritsch wrote:

Pier