cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject Re: [C2] [TC 4.0m4+] ClassCastException
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 09:44:56 GMT
Dims,

Thanks for this.

I tried this later on yesterday and came up with the same problems as before.  This at least
clarified a few things for me:

1. My build of Tomcat from source appears to be working fine.
2. You don't need jaxp.jar when using xerces - I hadn't understood this one, so one of yesterday's
mailings was a complete red herring.

I'm now trying to locate a nightly build of cocoon2 so I can try the same with cocoon, assuming
that my problems may be cocoon related rather than tomcat related.

Stuart.

On Sunday, December 3, 2000, at 03:47 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Stuart,
>
> Here's what i did with the latest Dev Snapshot of Tomcat4.0 @
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/nightly/. I did not have to
> recompile
> tomcat4.0 sources. All i had to do was.
>
> 1. Remove jaxp.jar and crimson.jar from jakarta-tomcat-4.0\lib and
> jakarta-tomcat-4.0\server
> 2. Add Xerces.jar in both jakarta-tomcat-4.0\lib and jakarta-tomcat-4.0\server
> directories.
>
> Thanks,
> dims

** We are currently experiencing prolonged difficulties with our email **
** provider DIGIWEB and INTERLIANT.  To guarantee that your response   **
** is received, please replace "adolos.com" with "adolos.co.uk".       **

Lead Developer                                  Mac OS X, Java, XML, etc.