cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject Re: [C2] [TC 4.0m4+] ClassCastException
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 09:56:36 GMT
Giacomo,

I'm afraid you've lost me here - Request.redirect?  If using Request.redirect would have to
be a conscious decision I don't think it's me you're thinking of.  My test case is the straight
"cocoon.war" with no changes.

Thanks,

Stuart.

On Friday, December 1, 2000, at 09:13 AM, Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Are you the one using Request.redirect? I recall a thread where Craig
> told us to use the HttpServletRequestWrapper instead of a usual
> reconstruction of a wrapper around the real HttpServletRequest when
> using a 2.3 servlet engine. I have a version using it and also a
> build.xml that takes that into account when a HttpServletRequestWrapper
> is in the classpath during build but havent tested it. I will commit it
> this evening (UTC) if I can test it today.
>
> Giacomo
>
> --- Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roebuck@adolos.co.uk> wrote:
> > I posted a note on this a while back, but didn't get a response.
> > Now, I thought I try again with the lastest CVS versions of Cocoon
> > and Tomcat and see if things had magically started working again.
> >
> > I can get Tomcat up and working fine.  I try dropping in the full
> > Cocoon webapp and try and launch the context main page, and up comes
> > the following exception:
> >
> > java.lang.ClassCastException:
> > org.apache.cocoon.environment.http.HttpRequest
> > 	at
> >

> _Users._stuart._OpenSource._build._tomcat_4_0._webapps._cocoon._sitemap_xmap.wildcardMatch(_sitemap_xmap.java:65)

> > 	at
> >

> _Users._stuart._OpenSource._build._tomcat_4_0._webapps._cocoon._sitemap_xmap.process(_sitemap_xmap.java:710)

> > 	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:132)
> > 	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:87)
> > 	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:239)
> > 	at
> >
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:235)
> > 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> > 	at
> >

> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)

> > 	at
> >

> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:251)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:977)
> > 	at
> >

> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:177)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:977)
> > 	at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2014)
> > 	at
> >

> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:161)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.catalina.valves.ValveBase.invokeNext(ValveBase.java:242)
> > 	at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:414)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:975)
> > 	at
> >

> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:159)
> [...]

** We are currently experiencing prolonged difficulties with our email **
** provider DIGIWEB and INTERLIANT.  To guarantee that your response   **
** is received, please replace "adolos.com" with "adolos.co.uk".       **

Lead Developer                                  Mac OS X, Java, XML, etc.