cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: XSPGenerator
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:47:14 GMT
> > Guys, guys, guys... Still..
> >
> > Will we then be able to control what to be aggregated
> > via XSP(!)? I think this important! (At least for me!)
>
> I don't really understand your needs. There is (or should be) a taglib
> that offers inclusion of URI based content for character streamed XML
> as usual (as with C1). We can talk about an utility tag to include SAX
> streams from an URI which is handled by the sitemap engine directly.

Yes! That is what I was thinking of! I wan't to be able include SAX events
from another URI!! The URI I want to set inside a <xsp:logic> tag.
(Sorry, if I expressed my needs too spongy)

> What I'm thinking of is to extend the Environment interface with a
> getContentHandler method to allow it to get directly at the SAX events
> that normally would be fed into a Serializer and thus onto a
> OutputStream (which will happen if there is no ContentHandler returned
> by the Environment).

I don't know what this means exactly yet ;) (still a C2 newbie)

What I was wondering is: sitemap aggregation "put"s the content
while the usual "include" aggregation is more of a "get".

Just having the ability to access the SAX events doesn't
say where the included content is supposed to live in the page!
How would this look like? Will all the content be on
one level?

<page>
  <sitemapInclusion1>bla</sitemapInclusion1>      -> different source
  <sitemapInclusion2>bladsf</sitemapInclusion2>   -> different source
  <sitemapInclusion3>blsdafa</sitemapInclusion3>  -> different source
</page>

Or would this give us the ability to "put" it where
ever we want inside the document. How will this be
defined then?

puzzled..
--
Torsten