cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: XObject
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 08:48:10 GMT
> > API: +1
> > Package: +1
> > Object name: +0
> > I'm not sure about XSPObject... I do like XMLFragment though.  It can be
> > used in more than just XSP, which is what XSPObject implies.  The object
> > is actually a fragment of a potential XML document.
>
> Ditto, pretty much.
>
> API: +3/4 (Do we definately need toString? If so, +1)
> Package: +1
> Object name: +/-0 (I'd prefer XMLFragment, but I'm easy on it)

Yepp! Sounds reasonable... so with the post from Jeremy end up
with:

 package org.apache.cocoon.xml;

 import org.w3c.dom.Node;
 import org.xml.sax.ContentHandler;

 public interface XMLFragment {
   /**
    * Generates SAX events representing the object's state
    * for the given content handler
    */
   public void toSAX(ContentHandler handler);

   /**
    * Appends children representing the object's state to
    * the given node
    */
   public void toDOM(Node node);
 }