cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: XSPGenerator
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:59:51 GMT
> > My initial intention was to modify the xinclude processor (ups
> > transformer ;) to understand more than just static xml and text.
> > e.g.
> >
> >  <xinclude:include parse="xml" type="serverpage"
> > href="included.xml"/>
> >
> > But then I need to get only the SAX events from the _content part_
> > of the document that is to be included. (not the document start
> > and stop etc.)
>
> Normally you include some xml documents which wasn't parsed allready
> (except when you know it's already parsed by Cocoon because of a
> cocoon:/ or whatever protocol in your href attribute).

Thats what I wanted to express via type="serverpage" ;)

<xinclude:include parse="xml" href="cocoon://included.xml"/>

.. "cocoon://" is fine as well ;)

> > Can't XInclude also be used for content aggregation the way you
> > were talking about? (From different sources?) Then you can even
> > put it into whereever you want inside the document. Not just
> > under the root element. (which I think is a big limitation)
>
> Of course you can use xinclude for aggregation but only at the
> transformation stage. We are looking how to specify aggregation in the
> sitemap at the generator stage.

Sorry for this (maybe stupid) question but why is generator stage
so important? Can't a transformer add SAX events as well? Or is he
then more a generator? ... What the definition of a generator?

> > <page>
> >   <extern>
> >     <xinclude:include parse="xml" href="some other source than
> > cocoon"/>
> >     <xinclude:include parse="xml" href="some other source than
> > cocoon"/>
> >   </extern>
> >   <intern>
> >     <xinclude:include parse="xml" href="served by cocoon"/>
> >   </intern>
> > </page>
>
> Your example is what you have as a file and you'll generate SAX events
> with the file-generator and use the XIncludeTransformer to replace you
> xinclude elements with external content.

...which adds some more SAX events...

Yes? And? (forgive me ;) I don't get the point...
--
Torsten