cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: Internationalization
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:23:15 GMT

> (either C1 or
> > > for people to
> Transformer/Processor is very

> > > no plans to
> > > >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I contributed quick port of I18nProcessor to Transformer a while ago.
> > > But I can't see it in Infozones CVS yet.
> > >
> > > Anyway Giacomo has asked me to send I18nTransformer and LangSelector
> > > action again, so I will do that after I have added some comments to
> > > them.
> >
> > Great! If I remember your transformer sorts out tags that have
> > different language attributes than the selected language, right?
> > --
> > Torsten
>
> Well, that is not the one I was talking in message above. I have that
> kind of sorting Transformer also, which I send long time ago to
> cocoon-dev. Anyway i18nTransformer gets translations from another xml
> file, makes dictionary out of it and substitutes all occurrences of text
> between <tr> tags that are in dictonary in wanted language.
>
> LangSelector is action which can be used to select different xml files
> according to language. eg.
> <map:match pattern="page">
> 	<map:act type="lang_select">
> 		<map:generate src="site/page_{1}.xml"/>
>    	</map:act>
>
> {1} = gets to its value language parameter en,fi,sv...

Ok... great anyway ;) ... Do you still use your sorting transformer?
What came to my mind when reading about it was to use it as a security
mechanism inside C2. With C1 we use something like that via XSP.

We are able give each tag a userlevel or role and it depends on
the authentification what is shown.

<page>
   <content>
      <somesecuretext userlevel="2-3">
         confidential
      </somesecuretext>
      insecure text
   </content>
</page>

What about your transformer filtering the tags?
--
Torsten