cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: XSPGenerator
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:36:03 GMT
> On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 06:38:09PM +0100, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> > Guys, guys, guys... Still..
> > Will we then be able to control what to be aggregated
> > via XSP(!)? I think this important! (At least for me!)
>
> Can you explain why you think this is necessary? Give me an
> example to play with?

We actually need it for form processing (to show errors without
redirects) but I think there are other examples as well.

What if you have several page parameters and need to do a complex
calculation (whatever) to decide what to show. Lets say ..hmm...
I have users in a database. And if one of them has it's birthday
today, I want to include a HappyBirthday.xml (sorry, pretty stupid ;)

..but how can you do this without the ability to modify the
include fiel via XSP?

I just read the post from Robin and if it will be possible
with <util:include-uri> then I'm fine :)

Although I'm not so sure if (and when why) we need two different
mechanisms... (two things to maintain)
--
Torsten