cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Eric SCHAEFFER <ESCHAEF...@Techmetrix.net>
Subject RE: C2 Sitemap - Using a rule based engine ?
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 16:09:12 GMT

Sure, it can go very deep.

But personalization can also be personalized agregation of content (and
their position in the page) whitch overlap a bit the sitemap proposals...
(and what stylesheet to azpply, etc...)

That's why I thought about this.

> I haven't looked at the code for the Sitemap and how it applies
> matchers yet, but I have worked on a Rete-based rules engine.  The
> two concepts are very similar, in fact, I envisioned one use of
> the engine as routing requests to servlets.  The algorithms
> developed for
> Rete and its successors might very well make the "Matching" process
> of the Sitemap more efficient (especially for larger, more complex
> sites).  Of course, it would add significantly to the work needed.

My impression was also that ReTe based engines were very quick...