cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giles Paterson <gpater...@silacom.com>
Subject [C2] Sitemap and multilanguages
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 16:21:49 GMT
Okay this is a query about using C2 but this seems to be the most
appropriate forum for such  questions...

I have a desire to produce a multilingual website but I am not sure the best
way to progress with cocoon2.

We have a site running under cocoon2 quite happily and I thought the best
way to multilingualise it would be to use the sitemap to match on the
browser locale in a similar manner to the way you can get it match on the
user agent and use the appropriate language-specific xml file. Okay this
means having separate xml files for each language but for a lot of languages
(as we will have) I believe that is better than one xml file with multiple
languages within it.

If we weren't to match on the locale, would it be possible to match on a
cookie or URL parameter (e.g. lang=fr)?

Does anyone have any suggestions/examples as to the best way to proceed?

If it requires writing a new Factory (i.e. LocaleSelectorFactory) then I'm
not adverse to doing it.

TIA,

--
Giles Paterson