cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From tcu...@dff.st
Subject Re: util:... and XSPUtil
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 22:46:46 GMT

> > Ok, I just started to get into the source code of the
> > util:taglib to port it to C2. Since the XSPUtils class
> > is now deprecated. I made a list of what is already there,
> > what will be removed, and what has moved to in C2 code base.
> >
> > Please can you guys have quick look and verify.
> > I'm not yet so familiar with the C2 code base.
> >
> >   -> = has moved to
> >   +  = should be added
> >   -  = will not be available in C2
> >

> Take a look at the org.apache.cocoon.util package. Many of the
> methods originally available with XSPUtil have been moved to the
> appropriate utility classes (StringUtils, IOUtils, ClassUtils,
> etc).

I did so thats why I wrote this mail ;)

> If some cherished XSPUtil method has been left out in this
> process, I'd suggest either we revise one of these new classes
> or create new ones as needed.

If you check my list most of the methods are clear.
Please check only the ones I marked as deprecated
or the ones with the "?". I'd just like to get votes
on where to put them or votes on deprecating them.

(formEncode/Decode,toMarkup,...)

Cheers,
Torsten

> >   public static String pathComponent(String filename)
> >     -> IOUtils.pathComponent(String filename)
> >
> >   public static String fileComponent(String filename)
> >     -> IOUtils.fileComponent(String filename)
> >
> >   public static String baseName(String filename)
> >     -> IOUtils.baseName(String filename)
> >
> >   public static String baseName(String filename, String suffix)
> >   public static String normalizedBaseName(String filename)
> >   public static String normalizedName(String filename) {
> >     + IOUtils
> >
> >   public static String relativeFilename(
> >        String filename,
> >        HttpServletRequest request,
> >        ServletContext context
> >        )
> >     + IOUtils
> >
> >   public static String relativeFilename(
> >        String filename,
> >        HttpServletRequest request
> >        )
> >     + IOUtils
> >
> >   public static boolean isAlphaNumeric(char c)
> >     -> StringUtils.isAlphaNumeric(char c)
> >
> >   public static String[] split(String line)
> >     -> StringUtils.split(String line)
> >
> >   public static String[] split(String line, String delimiter)
> >     -> StringUtils.split(String line, String delimiter)
> >
> >   public static Node cloneNode(Node node, Document factory)
> >   public static String toMarkup(Node node)
> >   protected static void doMarkup(Node node, StringBuffer buffer)
> >   public static String encodeMarkup(String string) {
> >     - deprecated
> >
> >   public static String formEncode(String text)
> >     ?
> >
> >   public static String formDecode(String s)
> >     ?
> >
> >   public static String formatDate(Date date, String pattern)
> >     + StringUtils or something else?
> >
> >   private static int count = 0;
> >   public static synchronized int getCount()
> >   public static synchronized int getSessionCount(HttpSession session)
> >     ?
> >
> >   public static String getURLContents(String url)
> >   public static String getURLContents(String url, String encoding)
> >   public static String getFileContents(String filename)
> >   public static String getFileContents(String filename, String
> encoding)
> >   public static String getContents(InputStream in, String encoding)
> >   public static String getContents(InputStream in)
> >   public static String getContents(Reader reader)
> >     + IOUtils or put them into the taglib?

This mail sent through IMP: mail.dff.local