cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gulcu <...@urbanet.ch>
Subject Re: Cocoon-2.0 release for the unfortunate ones
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2000 00:33:03 GMT
At 18:36 27.12.2000 +0100, Giacomo Pati wrote:
>Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> >
> > Hi Giacomo, Dev-Team,
> > I know a lot of stuff needs to get done still. Should we take a vote?
> Numerous queries like this
> > have gone unanswered :(
>
>I know (shigh). The fact is I don't like alpha dists. On the other hand
>there seems to be peoples without the possibility to get at it (which I
>can't understand but that's of no importance). What I can do is to setup
>a dist (maybe on a weekly base) under my apache account
>(www.apache.org/~giacomo/dist/cocoon2.tgz)
>
>Any comments?

Giacomo,

I would resist the temptation. If you make it too easy for users to get at
alpa-releases you'd be flooded with requests and bug-reports about problems
that will be fixed in the official releases.
It is an entirely different matter if you think that the code us ready for
prime time. Regards, Ceki