cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CocoonPortlet Support in JetSpeed
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2000 19:50:28 GMT
"Rajkumar, Joseph" wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
>      I see that the CocoonPortlet is not being supported by the latest
> release of JetSpeed-1.3a1. I read that there are a number of issues
> with Cocoon-1.8. Some where in the JetSpeed-1.3a1 distribution
> under modules, I found a 'README' file which says:
>
> >> This portlet has several known issues with Cocoon 1.8.
> >> It's not actively supported.
>
>      My question is: Will it ever be supported? Is it possible for me
> or any other interested developers to make it "actively supported"
> status.
>
> Thanks
> Joseph Rajkumar
>
> PS: Is there any efforts underway in the Cocoon-1.8 development or
> in Cocoon-2.0 so that the CocoonPortlet will be actively supported by
> JetSpeed. Who do I contact to get some development work done in this
> regard so that I can get the process started. Both Cocoon and Jetspeed
> are
> "Great Products" and we need to tie them together so they play well
> together.
> Desperately seeking help, support and informating in this regards.

AFAIK Cocoon has never offered support for the CocoonPortlet. It is a
Jetspeed component. Speaking for Cocoon 2 Jetspeed should be implemented
as Cocoon components to play correctly with Cocoon (not the other way
around). But I think the Jetspeed people know that and had this in mind.
Jetspeed has/is undergoing a major change in code base (and community)
and I think that Jetspeed will play well under C2 some day. But this
will force C2 to build some functionalities for Jetspeed as well
(content aggregation at the sitemap level, etc.)

Giacomo