cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Lassi Immonen <limmo...@malla.urova.fi>
Subject Re: Internationalization
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 13:35:03 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > for people to
> > >
> > > The source file are available from the Infozone CVS. There are
> > no plans to
> > > make a sperate "i18" package. Anyway, it would only consist of two
> > > classes.
> > >

> > Hi,
> >
> > I contributed quick port of I18nProcessor to Transformer a while ago.
> > But I can't see it in Infozones CVS yet.
> >
> > Anyway Giacomo has asked me to send I18nTransformer and LangSelector
> > action again, so I will do that after I have added some comments to
> > them.
>
> Great! If I remember your transformer sorts out tags that have
> different language attributes than the selected language, right?
> --
> Torsten

Well, that is not the one I was talking in message above. I have that
kind of sorting Transformer also, which I send long time ago to
cocoon-dev. Anyway i18nTransformer gets translations from another xml
file, makes dictionary out of it and substitutes all occurrences of text
between <tr> tags that are in dictonary in wanted language.

LangSelector is action which can be used to select different xml files
according to language. eg.
<map:match pattern="page">
	<map:act type="lang_select">
		<map:generate src="site/page_{1}.xml"/>
   	</map:act>

{1} = gets to its value language parameter en,fi,sv...

Lassi