cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Strange errors saying Sitemap is unavailable
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2000 22:12:10 GMT
Jon Lancelle wrote:

> I had a problem building the latest CVS version, and after upgrading my
> jaxp.jar to 1.1, it built fine. Do we even need jaxp? I put the three
> files, jaxp.jar, crimson.jar, and xalan.jar under JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext.

An advice from a burned child :) NEVER use the java extension directory
if you don't have to. It's convenient but you'll find yourself soon in a
situation where you don't know why something isn't working anymore
because you've forgotten about the stuff you've put there.

If you use C2 don't use jaxp and crimson. You have xerces so you don't
need it.

Giacomo