cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] redirection vs. aliases
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 21:22:03 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> How about <map:forward-to internal="..."/>?
>
> The difference between HTTP redirect and internal forwarding is that in case
> of
> redirecting client gets HTTP redirect code (300+), and in case of forwarding
> existing HttpServletRequest object is used as input to forwarded page - so,
> pages can store some state information in request object.

Your suggestions might be right but I'd like to keep down with the
introduction of new elements into the sitemaps schema. So for me a

   <map:redirect-to internal="...."/>

would be fine.

I wish I had implemented all those resource references strictly as URL.
But since Stefano mentioned that Avalon might build up a general URL
Handler framework we agreed to be fine with it for now :(

Giacomo