cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ricardo Rocha <rica...@apache.org>
Subject Re: taglibs (was: XObject)
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 14:44:53 GMT

Michael Hussey wrote:

> I see your point about reinforcing the notion of using a namespace for
> each taglib.  However, we have elements in our XSP page that are
> associated with a namespace that is not associated with any taglib. This
> forces us to declare that namespace in a child of <xsp:page>.  It makes
> it awkward for those who use namespaces in their system for other
> purposes since it adds more meaning to the simple declaration of a
> namespace.

It is ok to use namespaces not associated with logicsheets.
The XSP processor (for both C1 and C2) does not complain if
it finds a namespace declaration whose uri does not match any
logicsheet. Thus, it's not necessary to "hide" additional
namespace declarations below the root element...

In general, the namespace mechanism for associating logicsheets
with XSP's does not limit or redefine namespace usage. (It's
true, though, that XSP C1 forces authors to declare additional
namespaces not used in the document itself but referenced but
included logichseets. This, in addition to associating logicsheets
with namespace prefixes, rather than uri's, is a real pita)