cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Lavoie <philippe.lav...@cactus.ca>
Subject RE: Code to have a personalized Frontend
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2000 19:40:09 GMT
Just looked at my diffs... they are made between 1.8 mod and the version
inside CVS. That's a big no-no. Sorry about that. Here are the diffs to use
(both based on cocoon-1.8 source code)

Sorry about that

Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: Philippe Lavoie [mailto:philippe.lavoie@cactus.ca]
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2000 2:27 PM
To: 'cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: Code to have a personalized Frontend

Hi fellow Cocoon worshipers

We modified a bit the Frontend class to be able to have our own version of
it. You add a line inside your cocoon.properties that looks like the
following

frontend.class=ca.cactus.logging.CocoonFrontend

In our case this allows us to extend Frontend to send the error messages to
their proper places and then display the error message with the same look
and feel as the rest of our application. Since the error messages can depend
on where the user is, we need to have the HTTP request parameter.

The diffs are following, please let me know if there is a problem putting
this inside the normal dev tree.

 <<Cocoon.diff>>  <<Engine.diff>>  <<Frontend.diff>>

Philippe Lavoie
Software Engineer                      tel: 819.778.0345 mobile:
819.664.9881
Cactus Communications Internet	   email: philippe.lavoie@cactus.ca