cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thom May <t...@planetarytramp.net>
Subject Re: [C2] [Pooling] Proxies and target JDKs
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 00:17:31 GMT
* Paul Russell (paul@luminas.co.uk) wrote on Sweetmorn, the 49th of The Aftermath, 3166 :
> Hi all,
>
> What do we think the target VM for Cocoon2 should be? JDK1.3 is
> fairly prevelent these days, but I suspect (I've not checked
> yet) it's not available for *BSD or Macintosh. Do we have ETAs
> for these platforms?
To clear this up, to the best of my knowledge JDK 1.2 should be
released natively for *BSD soon, however it is possible - and
recommended - to use Linux binaries at the moment in emulation
mode. For the macintosh, i believe 1.2 is available but dodgy,
but I'm not sure. It seems like the best target _ought_ to be
1.2, as that seems to be fairly cross platform. I did however
note the other day that JRun3 suggests using a 1.3 JDK, and it
certainly *appears* that Tomcat4 is doing the same.
My £0.02...
-Thom