cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steffen Stundzig <stef...@smb-tec.com>
Subject Re: [C2] Re: SchemoX (was: MVC, Struts and Cocoon)
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 14:44:18 GMT
Hi Jeremy,

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000 13:59:20 +0000 Jeremy Quinn <jeremy@media.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

> At 21:56 +0100 01/11/00, Steffen Stundzig wrote:
> Dear Steffen,
>
> I just managed to get Schemox working under Cocoon 1 (phew!)
Great! Nice to hear that. Were there any problems?

> Very nice ......
Thanks.

> First question .....
And I'm sure not the last

> How do you plan to get output from Schemox without it going through your
> XHTML Renderer?
>
> Most people would prefer (I guess) to use XSL to transform output, not
have
> it hard-coded by a renderer class.

The only thing that the renderer does is, to transform the method calls
from the DefaultFormDesigner into XML, in this special case XHTML.

If you wouldn't use the default XHTMLRenderer implementation you have to
write a Class that implements the interfaces of FormRenderer or
FormDesigner.
Then these class must transform the method calls from the prior invoker
into XML e.g. DOM or SAXEvents.

One feasibility:
  If you wouldn't use the DefaultFormDesigner you write your own
FormDesigner
implementation and transform the method calls from the SchemaComposer into
XML.
In this case you can ignore the FormRender.

Another:
  If you wouldn't use the XHTMLRenderer, but the DefaultFormDesigner you
write
your own FormRenderer implementation and transform the method calls from
the
DefaultFormDesigner into XML.

SchemoX can automatically validate the user input, therefore it needs
a HashMap with the names of the form controls as keys and there values
as values. :-) In the current XSP sample I receive it from the
HTTPRequest.

Hope that helps.

In my proposal about SchemoX and C2, the functionality described above
is implemented by a Generator. This Generator is an implementation
or a wrapper of a FormRenderer or a FormDesigner.

Regards
	Steffen...

Steffen Stundzig                            mailto:steffen@smb-tec.com