cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: taglibs (was: XObject)
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 12:07:59 GMT
On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 12:48:58PM +0100, Ricardo Rocha wrote:
> Personally, I dislike the PI form. It's there only because
> of a (vain?) attempt to provide "backwards compatibility"
> with C1.

Ditto -- it feels very, uh, 'legacy'.

> This may sound a bit extreme, but I'd rather return to the old
> days when namespaces were the _only_ mechanism for associating
> logicsheets with XSP's.

Same here. I think they should be specified in the sitemap
*somewhere*. I can't see this being too much of a runtime
performance hit, because at the end of the day, they can all
be indexed out of a HashMap, which is an O(1) operation.

> In all truth, another reason to introduce <?xml-logicsheet?>
> was to make it possible to write logichsheets that were not
> tied to a namespace.

Ack. Don't like that idea -- namespace collisions are painful.
(as anyone who's used C++ will tell you ;)

> I think it's a good idea to re-enforce this association (i.e.
> namespace uri and logicsheet)

Agreed.

P.
Luminas Ltd.