cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: XObject
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 11:43:01 GMT
On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 11:13:33AM +0000, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> At 10:47 +0000 04/12/00, Paul Russell wrote:
> >Works for me, although there was talk of calling it XObject2
> >or something to remove any chance of people being confused...
> For Cocoon 1, let's just bung some code into XSPPage.java where it checks
> to see if it has an XObject .....
> It could become something like .....
>     // Convertible to DOM
>     if (v instanceof org.apache.cocoon.xml.XObject){
>       DocumentFragment fragment = factory.createDocumentFragment();
>       ((org.apache.cocoon.xml.XObject) v).toDOM(fragment);
>       return fragment;
>     }
>     if (v instanceof org.apache.cocoon.framework.XObject){
> 			// issue depreciation warning, then output it anyway
>       DocumentFragment fragment = factory.createDocumentFragment();
>       ((org.apache.cocoon.framework.XObject) v).toDOM(fragment);
>       return fragment;
>     }
> Does this help?

Yep. That's fine - understood that. I think the discussion was
more that having too classes called 'XObject' floating around
might confuse logic sheet writers, rather than core developers!
(Hey, we're already dealing with 23,000 lines of code - what's
another object between friends :)

P.

Luminas Ltd.