cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/lib servlet_2_3.jar servlet_2_2.jar
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2000 12:10:44 GMT
On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 10:50:00PM -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> dims@locus.apache.org wrote:
> >   Added:       lib      Tag: xml-cocoon2 servlet_2_3.jar
> >   Removed:     lib      Tag: xml-cocoon2 servlet_2_2.jar
> I didn't catch the vote to move to 2.3 at this time, is that
> what we are doing?

Ditto.

> I would have to seriously -1 this if it breaks compatibility
> with Servlet 2.2!

Ditto.

> We need Cocoon _with_ sitemap (aka Cocoon 2) to work with
> currently available Servlet engines.

Ditto. I'd have some very unhappy customers (and bank managers)
otherwise. JRun is a must (since we have a project scheduled
to deploy on it in 3 months), and I suspect a lot of other
people are using commercial servlet containers which will not
be s2.3 clean in the near future.

Do we actually *need* 2.3 yet?

P.

Luminas Ltd.