cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: <esql:get-*> errors
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2000 19:16:51 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Berin Loritsch" <bloritsch@infoplanning.com>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 1:58 PM
Subject: C2: <esql:get-*> errors

> The semantics of <esql:get-int column="maxid"/> or any of the
> other typed responses.  The problem is when we use one of these
> types of calls, we are expecting an int, long, double, etc.
>
> I am working through some practical things with the taglib, so it
> should be working soon.  I am going to change those semantics so
> that they are correct--and they don't all act like <esql:get-string/>
> like now.

I made it so that you can use the attribute string="true" to retrieve
a string value.

Example:

<esql:get-int column="maxid"/>

returns an int value, but

<esql:get-int column="maxid" string="true"/>

allows you to use it in the former manner.

The format attributes still function, and automatically act
as if string="true" was set.