cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon Cocoon.java
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:12:29 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: <greenrd@locus.apache.org>
To: <xml-cocoon-cvs@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 11:08 AM
Subject: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon Cocoon.java

> greenrd     00/12/12 08:08:04
>
>    public class Cocoon extends HttpServlet implements Defaults {
>   +
>   +    // Quick workaround for Websphere bug
>   +    static {
>   +      try {
>   +        Class.forName ("com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler");
>   +      }
>   +      catch (Throwable t) {} // ignore
>   +    }
>
>        Engine engine = null;
>        String message = null;

This was so unnecessary and unscalable.  We have the attribute
force-load for this express purpose.  All we have to do is add
the proper attribute to the servlet init parameters and all is
well with the world!  That is why I committed that change for
parsing the "force-load" parameter!

And as a general course of action: NEVER completely ignore an
exception--log it at the very least!