cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: SVG/PNG does not serialize
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 15:56:49 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Berin Loritsch" <bloritsch@infoplanning.com>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 10:51 PM
Subject: Re: SVG/PNG does not serialize

> Paul Russell wrote:
> >
> > Have you tried any other servlets which produce non-text/html
> > output? This is deeply strange. What happens when you run in
> > tomcat? Do images work then?
>
> Its been a while since I have been able to run Tomcat.  All I know is that
> it _used_ to work ok, and command line generation is fine.

OK.  I got it working with Tomcat 3.2 (release)--great program, I will have
to upgrade my webserver.

As the code stands, the generated elements work correctly.  Woohoo!  But
it still doesn't work with WebSphere.  Hmmm.  There's got to be something
funky going on with WebSphere, but what?

> The readers work as well.  So I can get images from Cocoon, but I can't
> do SVG to PNG/JPEG or PDF generation.

We need it to work with WebSphere, because our client wants WebSphere--even
though it is bulky and slow.  (I am hoping that when we get the full version,
we will be able to increase the speed due to using a real database).