cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/servlet CocoonServlet.java
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 14:25:40 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: <giacomo@locus.apache.org>
To: <xml-cocoon-cvs@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 1:22 AM
Subject: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/servlet CocoonServlet.java

> giacomo     00/12/05 22:21:59
>   -            Category cocoonCategory = LogKit.createCategory("cocoon", Priority.DEBUG);
>   +            Category cocoonCategory = LogKit.createCategory("cocoon", Priority.ERROR);

This is why I want to set up a way to configure the LogKit
outside of the CocoonServlet Object.  My believe is that while
we are working on Cocoon (before any release) we should have
as much logging as helps.  I realize the constraints on the
Logging in real world applications.  The CocoonServlet Logger
has two targets: A file in WEB-INF/logs (because it is the only
place that we are allowed on all platforms), and the Context.log
destination.  The Context.log destination is at Priority.ERROR
to keep from overloading the inneficient logging mechanism
there.  But the file is set to Priority.DEBUG to get useful
information.  I am still trying to locate the source of the
error with WebSphere and generated binary streams.

I have gotten to the point where I know that Cocoon is doing
the work involved with the URIs, but something is happening
where WebSphere is closing the stream and issuing a "500 ok"
error (I know, it does not make sense).

The next place to look is if there is a method that needs
to be called to keep the stream open on this platform (like
a stream type).