cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: ClassLoader issues...
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 23:00:12 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Giacomo Pati" <giacomo@apache.org>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: ClassLoader issues...

> Berin Loritsch wrote:

WebSphere already has identified bugs with it's classloader
(i.e. the URL handler for its own "classloader:" protocol).

> BTW can't we use XML4j instead of Xerces for C2? Is C2 depandant on
> Xerces?

XML4J does not have namespace support (hense the problem).

> > We might be able to parse the ClassPath setting looking for
> > cocoon.jar, and build the URL with the format like this:
> >
> > jar://path/to/cocoon.jar!/path/to/resource.xsl
> >
> > It might be the most portable way to do it...

The J2SE has support for a couple of protocols built in.
One of the protocols is the "jar" protocol.  Once you have
the jar, you can get resources out of it.