cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: I added the forms that generated the errors...
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2000 20:21:08 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Giacomo Pati" <giacomo@apache.org>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2000 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: I added the forms that generated the errors...

> You're so busy. It's like being Christmas soon :)

Well... My employer commissioned me to do some work with
Cocoon, and it fell right in the lap of what you guys
needed.  Truth be told, I will be busy with Christmas
after ~5:00 today through Tuesday.  I'll be back Wednesday.

I'm glad I fixed a whole bunch of stuff in the stylesheets.
There was a lot of stuff hiding in there that would
otherwise never have been found.  It would have been pretty
embarrassing when we release!

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
> >
> > I committed some forms for your perusal.  My boss
> > wanted a demonstration of how to do simple forms
> > processing.  This is not the end product of how
> > we are doing things, but it proves that Cocoon is
> > useful out of the box.
> >
> > Why limit ourselves to static pages.  Granted you
> > can only add at this point--but I am going to
> > create a form processing framework that will
> > incorporate all of the functionality that is
> > necessary (add, delete, modify, view).
>
> What do you think about SchemoX
> (http://www.infozone-group.org/schemoxDocs/html/proposal.html) ?
>
> SchemoX combined with Prowler
> (http://www.infozone-group.org/projects_contents.html) as CMS for XML
> content gives you a unifom (read XML) way to *all* your data and
> documents, be it files, RDBMS, OODBMS, XML-DBMS and even mail stores.
> You can think of every data store that is adaptable for XML (a thus can
> have a Prowler Adapter).

I will have a look.  Probably not before Christmas though...