cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: Strange errors saying Sitemap is unavailable
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2000 14:11:17 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: Jon Lancelle <lancelle@pacbell.net>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2000 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: Strange errors saying Sitemap is unavailable

> I had a problem building the latest CVS version, and after upgrading my
> jaxp.jar to 1.1, it built fine. Do we even need jaxp? I put the three
> files, jaxp.jar, crimson.jar, and xalan.jar under JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext.
>
> I am also getting the sitemap not available message, and am running
> tomcat 3.2 when trying to bring up cocoon2. I think I will upgrade to
> the latest build of tomcat 4, and see what's up.
>
> Jon Lancelle

You do not need jaxp.jar and Crimson --esp. in the /jre/lib/ext
folder.  You should put your XML parsers in the classpath at the
same level as everything else--cocoon needs a SAX2 parser
(namespace support).  The other jars simply get in the way.

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> > In one of the commits last night, Cocoon became broken on
> > WebSphere.  Hopefully someone can help me with it.  I don't
> > seem to have any exceptions thrown (at least that are logged).
> > The Stylesheet is generated AND compiles.  I don't know if there
> > is an error in loading it or not.
> >
> > I am going to look into it today, but if someone fixes it
> > before then let me know.  I *did* test my stuff before committing
> > it.

I found that the reason for this is that the ResourceClassLoader is
not loading the compiled sitemap class.  I have not been able to track
down the specific error--but I am running J-Test on it now.  We have three
uncaught SecurityExceptions that can be generated.