cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: <esql:get-*> errors
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2000 15:50:48 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Donald Ball" <balld@webslingerZ.com>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 4:45 PM
Subject: Re: <esql:get-*> errors

> On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> > I made it so that you can use the attribute string="true" to retrieve
> > a string value.
> >
> > Example:
> >
> > <esql:get-int column="maxid"/>
> >
> > returns an int value, but
> >
> > <esql:get-int column="maxid" string="true"/>
> >
> > allows you to use it in the former manner.
> >
> > The format attributes still function, and automatically act
> > as if string="true" was set.
>
> er, why don't you just use get-string to cast the result as a string?

Because I was maintaining what the esql stylesheet allowed you to do.

All int, long, and boolean were returned as String:

(....getBoolean(...)) ? "true" : "false"

I maintained this functionality with the string="true" and format="..."
attributes specified.  Otherwise, it returns what is expected.

We are talking Cocoon 2--where esql hasn't been thoroughly tested
beyond the simple example yet....