cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: WebLogic ClassLoader Issues
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:06:38 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Davanum Srinivas" <dims@yahoo.com>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: WebLogic ClassLoader Issues

> Berin,
>
> Am downloading WebSphere 3.5 60-day trial from
> (http://www-4.ibm.com/software/webservers/appserv/download_v35.html)
>
> And FixPack 2 (V3.5.2) from
> http://www-4.ibm.com/software/webservers/appserv/efix.html
>
> Is this enough? I assume JDK1.2.2 is installed automatically. and that i have to clean
up existing
> JDK's from my machine. Right?

Should be enough.  It does install IBM JDK1.2.2, but it uses that one
automatically--no need to alter anything with the other JDKs.  The full
version will allow you to specify your own JDK/Admin database.

The first thing you will notice is that WebSphere is amazingly slow to
startup (takes 1-2 minutes on my Athlon 700 with 256 MB RAM).  You won't
be able to run it with less than 128 MB RAM at all.  It will barely run
with that much.  But we aren't doing _Just_ servlets so we need the
full package.

> Thanks,
> dims

No, thank you!  I am running out of ideas on why I can't get the latest
CVS to run with WebSphere.  I have it tracked down to the fact that it
can't load the class that it compiles.  I have noticed that the first
access with Tomcat has the same response--however Tomcat recovers.  I
checked the logs.  I only got that far with all the extra logging info
I put in there.

To install Cocoon on WebSphere, you will have to add the jars to the
AppServer classpath (When you click on the AppServer in the admin
panel, on the line that says "command line arguments" add in
"-classpath" and the path info).  For your servlet parameters:

force-load=com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler
classpath-attribute=com.ibm.websphere.servlet.application.classpath
configurations=/cocoon.xconf