cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: ClassLoader issues...
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 19:11:01 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Berin Loritsch" <bloritsch@infoplanning.com>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 11:39 AM
Subject: ClassLoader issues...

> My next attempt will be to separate out the XSL pages
> into their own Jar file, and see if that works.  It may
> be something flaky like the ClassLoader associated with
> WebSphere does not recognize a package if there are no
> classes in it.  Mayby a Dummy class in each of the
> packages with XSL sheets will force it to load.
>
> Any further insight from those who know?

The Dummy class trick didn't work.  It found the class,
but not the resources.  This is frustrating.  Basically,
unless the resources are in a separate archive, and in
the SystemClassLoader, then Cocoon can't find the resources
in IBM WebSphere.

What do you guys think?  Should we separate out the
XSP/Sitemap resources into another Jar file, or live with
EVERYTHING in the System classpath?

We might be able to parse the ClassPath setting looking for
cocoon.jar, and build the URL with the format like this:

jar://path/to/cocoon.jar!/path/to/resource.xsl

It might be the most portable way to do it...