cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: [TC4] ClassCastException with HttpServletrequestWrapper
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2000 14:30:54 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Giacomo Pati" <giacomo@apache.org>
To: "Cocoon dev" <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 6:07 PM
Subject: [TC4] ClassCastException with HttpServletrequestWrapper

> Hi all
>
> Because of the change in the WildcardURIMatcher to cast the request in
> the objectModel to org.apache.cocoon.environment.http.HttpRequest
> instead of javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest the CLI part isn't
> working anymore. I've tried to fix the ClassCastException when running
> under Tomcat-4 but with no success. Could it be that the
> RepositoryClassloader cause that problem? Is anybody here expert
> concerning ClassLoader issues?

I definitely don't consider myself an expert on this.  I do have a
question, though.  If we are being Java 2 compliant, why not use
a known, tested, and debugged ClassLoader like URLClassLoader.  You
can dynamically add jars or paths as URL objects.  It would probably
be allot easier to maintain--because someone else is taking care of
those details.

I have been messing with the RepositoryClassLoader adding in logging
and such to try and locate where the Sitemap is failing to load on
my install of Cocoon on IBM WebSphere.  I found out it is not failing
in the RepositoryClassLoader, and it is a mystery where it is failing.