cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <>
Subject Re: XSPGenerator
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 18:42:41 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Robin Green" <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 1:10 PM
Subject: RE: XSPGenerator

> I don't see a problem with that. Just use util:include-uri (when it's ported
> to C2! ;) and Cocoon will catch the cocoon:// URI, or whatever is used to
> specify aggregation. This preserves separation of concerns - and requires
> virtually no new code for the XSP case, once you've coded general URI-based
> aggregation. That way you can even dynamically switch between internal and
> external aggregation because they are treated uniformly!
> "Torsten Curdt" <> wrote:
> >Guys, guys, guys... Still..
> >
> >Will we then be able to control what to be aggregated
> >via XSP(!)? I think this important! (At least for me!)
> >--
> >Torsten

I'm coming in late to this thread, so let me ask a stupid question:

I would like to have one XML file describe a form, and have it rendered a
number of different ways based on role, etc.  So far we are capable of doing
that.  But I would also want this form to be processed by XSP.  That means
that the XSP would have to read and process the XML form to determine what
the fields and roles are.  That way I can define several forms with the same
processing surrounding it.  Is this what the content aggregation allows us?
Or would that be a subject for another RT?  The problem is that the XSP is
a generator--so it is not easy to _process_ the XML file.

View raw message