cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David <dav...@nmp.es>
Subject Creating a new XML node in a Java function outside the root element
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:37:35 GMT
Hi Cocoonians!!

We want to change the style of one string
(myString=<esql:get-string column="definition"/>;) that we obtain from a query.
We think that inserting new XML nodes like <newline> </newline> we can "match"
them later in the xsl  and give our style.
But the idea seems only to work if we do it in the <definition> node.
What  about working with a JAVA function before the root element? We cannot use
neither XSPCurrentNode nor <xsp:element> because they are related to the root
element.

Thanks folks!