cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: XObject
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:43:04 GMT
At 03:06 -0800 29/11/00, Giacomo Pati wrote:

>--- Torsten Curdt <tcurdt@dff.st> wrote:
>> Hi, there!
>>
>> With Cocoon1 we are using some classes that have
>> a toDOM() function to pass xml to cocoon.
>> Since with Cocoon2 this doesn't make sense any
>> more we need also have to have a toSAX() method.
>>
>> As proposed in the cocoon-users list the classes
>> should implement the XObject interface. So these
>> classes can become more portable.
>>
>> Now that we are moving to cocoon2 I was looking
>> for this interface but didn't find it in the source.
>
>As far as I know it's not yet implemented.
>
>Ricardo, can you give some input?
>
>Giacomo

Donald (I think) outlined the general problem recently on Cocoon Users.

1st Problem
XObject is in a package heirarchy that does not exist within Cocoon 2

2nd Problem
XObject's toSAX method uses a depreciated class DocumentHandler instead of
the newer ContentHandler (or have I got this the wrong way around?)

I would personally really appreciate being able to use the XObject (or
similar) interface for my tag libraries to make them compatible with both
C1 and C2, but I believe we will have to bite the bullet and depreciate the
current XObject in C1 before it can be implemented in C2.

Hope this helps

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre