cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: XObject
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:12:55 GMT
At 13:45 -0500 29/11/00, Donald Ball wrote:
>On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>> Donald (I think) outlined the general problem recently on Cocoon Users.
>
>not i, said the fly. i wasn't even aware of the problem until you brought
>it up at apachecon.
>
>> 1st Problem
>> XObject is in a package heirarchy that does not exist within Cocoon 2
>>
>> 2nd Problem
>> XObject's toSAX method uses a depreciated class DocumentHandler instead of
>> the newer ContentHandler (or have I got this the wrong way around?)
>>
>> I would personally really appreciate being able to use the XObject (or
>> similar) interface for my tag libraries to make them compatible with both
>> C1 and C2, but I believe we will have to bite the bullet and depreciate the
>> current XObject in C1 before it can be implemented in C2.
>
>+1 to deprecating the toSAX(DocumentHandler) method in XObject and adding
>a toSAX(ContentHandler) in c1. then add the XObject class to c2. any
>problems with that?

Only the package heirarchy.

XObject in Cocoon 1 is at org.apache.cocoon.framework.XObject

I believe the "framework" part of the package does not exist within Cocoon
2, or if the directory exists in the CVS it is merely an artefact of the
overlap between C1 and C2.

So either we officially add the org.apache.cocoon.framework heirarchy to
Cocoon 2, or we define a new common location for both C1 and C2 and
depreciate org.apache.cocoon.framework.XObject.

Preferences anyone?

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre