cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Tagunov Anthony" <atagu...@nnt.ru>
Subject [C1][CocoonCache][PATCH] - Caching problem (pages get stuck in the cache)
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:59:56 GMT
Hello, everybody!

It seems to me that a problem with CocoonCache has been figured out and fixed..

To reporoduce the problem do the following:

==========================================
  put an <.. xinclude:href=".." > in your souce doc
  make permissions on the included file be so that you can't read it (maybe a missing file
will be enough)
  COMMENT THIS ERROR OUT
  restart Tomcat+Cocoon
  GET THE PAGE FROM COCOON (now it's okay)
  UNCOMMENT THE ERROR
  GET THE PAGE FROM COCOON (an error is displayed, a caught exception and it's trace)
  GET THE PAGE FROM COCOON AGAIN (NO I'VE GOT THE PREV VERSION OF PAGE -- it got stuck!)
==========================================

the reason as it seems to is that it happens in the following way:
 1) okay page gets into store
 2) we change the source and make and error
 3) the page is requested from the store, it is found to be outdated (we edited the source),
but the page remains in the store
 4) while generating the page the monitors of processors remember THE NEW DATE OF files the
page depends on
 5) a trap happens -- the page in the store should be considered outdated
 6) at the next request the version from the store pops out

Here's a patch.

My best regards,

Tagunov Anthony
NNT Telecom Russia


Mime
View raw message