cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Tagunov Anthony" <atagu...@nnt.ru>
Subject patch 4 XIncludeProcessor.java
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2000 21:36:07 GMT
Hello, everybody!

I've been surely missing this mailist when I was out (smth went wrong with my subscription)
Anyway, as XInclude spec says
"The base URI for relative URIs is the base URI of the include element"
and
"3.4.1.2. Base URI
The base URI property of the acquired infoset is not changed as a result of merging the infoset,
and remains unchanged after merging. Thus relative URI references in the
included infoset resolve to the same URI despite being included into a document with a potentially
different base URI in effect. A serialized result infoset may need to add
xml:base attributes to indicate this fact."

I understand it this way: if I have the following dir structure
=======
approot
          xml
              one.xml
          data
              two.xml
              three.xml
=======
and     one.xml --includes--> "../data/two.xml"
and     two.xml--includes--> "three.xml"

it should work, as the base URI for the last inclusion should be the base URI of the "two.xml"
document, not of "one.xml".

Here's a patch for XInclude processor to achive that.

My best regards,

Best Regards

Tagunov Anthony
vice senior programmer