cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: esql logicsheet finished (?!)
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2000 22:01:38 GMT
On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Paul Russell wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 11:09:42PM +0100, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > > 1. get-columns method. i need to create elements whose names i don't know
> > > a priori. xsp doesn't give you a built-in way to do that, so i've been
> > > messing with DOM directly.
> > Yes, this is bad habit of xsp. It must be rewritten in a SAX manner and
> > this means we have to maintain both versions :(
>
> Should XSP not provide some functionality for this? Looks
> worryingly like a maintenance nightmare to me...

we had been talking about adding extra functionality to the xsp:element
element, so that the name of the element could be specified either as an
attribute to the element element (:)) or a child element named name.

e.g.

<xsp:element>
  <xsp:name>foobar</xsp:name>
</xsp:element>

instead of

<xsp:element name="foobar">...</xsp:element>

can i get a vote on adding this to c2's xsp-1.1 implementation?

- donald