cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Burton <ros...@lineone.net>
Subject Re: Better and Better and RT
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2000 22:46:21 GMT
On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Donald Ball wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Nov 2000, Ross Burton wrote:
>
> > I have plans to write both of these.  I'm currently finishing a spec for
> > BrowserCapabilitySelector which will include Accepts as a parameter, and
> > IIRC a ParameterMatcher was posted recently which might be able to be
> > changed to a selector.
>
> any luck searching for an open database of browsers and their
> capabilities, or do we still need to write our own? :)

I've got a browscap.ini file which we could be "inspired" from, and I'm
sure there is a web site somewhere which lists all of the user agent
strings popular browsers use, which will be very usefull for generating
the browser skeletons.

The backend of the selector is working now, all I need to do is implement
the selector factory and I can mail it to the list for comments.

Ross Burton