cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Burton <>
Subject Re: New TagLib, votes please
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2000 08:12:44 GMT
On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> Does anyone know if it is possible to set up a dual class dependency for
> conditional compilation in the version of Ant used for Cocoon1?
> I need to test for two separate packages
> 	javax.activation ...
> 	javax.mail ...
> I can do something like this for one package dependency, but can't work out
> how to handle two.
> 	<available property="mail.present" classname="javax.mail.Message"/>
>   <target name="prepare-mailer" depends="init" if="mail.present">
>     <copydir src="${src.dir}"
>              dest="${build.src}"
>              includes="**/mailer/**"
>              filtering="on"/>
>   </target>

I did make a patch to Ant way back when C2 was interpretting the pipeline
to make Ant deal with the if="" like it does with depends="" (i.e. as a
List, not a String) but it was rejected by developers.  I think the reason
was that the patch was the start of boolean expressions (in that case the
comma was an implicit AND), and if they started along that road then
somebody else would want OR and NOT...

I think the response was to make a dummy task which has if="mail.jar",
then prepare-mailer depends on dummy and also has if="activation.jar".  Or
wait until Ant 2...  I'm not sure about this however, so you may want to
search the Ant archives.  My only postings, so they should be easy to

Ross Burton

View raw message