cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From EEAltend...@thoughtworks.COM
Subject Re: [C2][WebLogic] Cocoon2 (patched) works with WebLogic 5.1
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 03:37:56 GMT

Hello all, I am trying to get the latest Cocoon2 code running with WebLogic
5.1 (acting as webserver and servlet container).

I merged the 1.X install instructions with the instructions listed below,
and all the various FAQ's and specs, and applied the patch and tried to set
up stuff as best I could.  In my web.xml I set the servlet-mapping url
pattern to /cocoon/*, and sure enough, the web server serves up the
contents of my cocoonwar/ directory, but Cocoon is not processing any of
the xml files.

Aside from any general suggestions anyone might have, I was wondering about
the <init-param> element in the web.xml file.  The <param-value> should be
... an absolute pathname to the cocoon.xconf file?  A URL to the file?  A
relative pathname (relative to what?).

Any other advice would of course be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

                    "Vadim

                    Gritsenko"           To:     "Cocoon Developers" <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>

                    <vgritsenko@h        cc:

                    ns.com>              Subject:     [C2][WebLogic] Cocoon2 (patched)
works with
                                         WebLogic 5.1

                    11/06/00

                    11:10 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-dev

Hi,

I successfully launched latest Cocoon2 (from CVS) under WebLogic 5.1
server, but this requires patch to CocoonServlet (attached) which appends
weblogic.class.path to Cocoon's classpath.

I was unable to install Cocoon as described in install.txt,
with all libs in one jar, so here is my installation steps:

1. In order to work with XSP, CocoonServlet must be patched,
   apply attached patch and build cocoon.jar,
2. Preppend WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH with Cocoon libraries (this way
   I'm overriding old DOM/SAX libraries included with WebLogic),
3. Build and unpack or copy cocoon.war somewhere (I placed it
   under weblogic dir),
4. Add line to weblogic.properties:
     weblogic.httpd.webApp.cocoon=C:/weblogic/cocoon
   or
     weblogic.httpd.webApp.cocoon=C:/weblogic/cocoon.war
5. Done, run weblogic and go to http://host:port/cocoon/

Hope this will help somebody,

Regards,
Vadim Gritsenko
(W) 301-428-5500 x 3253
(See attached file: CocoonServlet.java.diff)