cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: [C2]: Dispose of sitemap components
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:47:24 GMT
> Giacomo Pati wrote
> Well, I don't see this will hurt the architecture in any way. But I
> suggest you use the Avalon interfaces Disposable for that.
Yes, I totally agree.

> Berin, any addition to this would be appriciated :).
>
> Also take into account that for pooled Component there is the
> Recyclable interface for exact that reason. The recycle methed gets
> called when the component is put back into the pool. May this will help
> too.
Yes, I thought about that, but currently the setup() method, which each sitemap component
gets, is not send by the ComponentManager but by Cocoon itself. So I think that the dispose()
method should be called by the same object as this is not a "pooling feature".

So my suggestion would be to extend the SitemapModelComponent and the SitemapOutputComponent
interface with the Disposable interface from avalon.

Carsten

Open Source Group              sunShine - Lighting up e:Business
www.sundn.de                           mailto:cziegeler@sundn.de