cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: jrun 3.0 & cocoon2
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:43:48 GMT
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was trying to get cocoon2 (cvs)
> > to work within jrun 3.0 but didn't
> > succeed.
> >
> > After compiling I installed the war
> > file via JMC. Restarted and then
> > tried to get /cocoon to show up.
> > But all I got was a "cocoon2 - internal
> > server error". Was a sax exception.
> >
> > Then I tried it like it worked for cocoon1.
> > (There where problems because of the jaxp.jar
> >  that came with JRun)
> > So I replaced the jaxp.jar with cocoons
> > xerces.jar, copied the tools.jar from the jdk
> > into the same jrun/lib/ext directory and restarted.
> >
> > Now I'm still getting a "cocoon2 - internal
> > server error" but with a NullPointerException.
> >
> > Then I tried tomcat 3.2b8 as well. Installed
> > and just popped in the war file.
> >
> > Same sax exception...
> > javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Namespace not
> > supported by SAXParser
> > at
> >
> org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(Tra
> nsformerFa
> > ctoryImpl.java:660)
> >
> > Tomcat comes with jaxp.jar, too.
> > Shall I replace it with xerces.jar?
>
> Concerning Tomcat you should replace *all* occurrences of jaxp and
> parser/crimson jars with xerces. If you use the source of Tomcat 4 you
> can set the environment variables JAXP_HOME to [cocoon2]/lib and
> JAXP_PARSER_JAR to xerces_1_2_1.jar prior to issue the build command.
> That way you should have a tomcat build harmonizing well with C2 (I've
> realized this this weekend and will check the installation docs so they
> are correct)
>
> Giacomo

Thanks, Giacomo!
Got cocoon2 working with Tomcat 3.2b8 (bin) as well with JRun 3.0!
Here are the instructions that should be in the installation docs
as well. Maybe you can add them ;)

--
Tomcat 3.2b8(bin) under Windows:
  Replace the jaxp.jar and the parser.jar from the lib

JRun 3.0 under Windows:
  Replace the jaxp.jar and the parser.jar from the lib/ext
  directory with the xerces_*.jar that comes with cocoon2.
  Copy the tools.jar from jdk to the same lib/ext directory.
  Select "Webapplications" from JMC menu and choose "deploy".
  Usually "ApplicationName" should be "cocoon2" and the
  "Application URL" "/". Then select the cocoon.war file
  and hit "deploy". You also need to adjust the classpath
  for your server! Go to your server's (usually "JRun Default")
  "Java Settings" and add an entry to the classpath:

    {jrun.server.rootdir}/cocoon2/WEB-INF/lib

  Now you need to restart the server. Voila!
--

The only strange thing about JRun 3.0 is that I cannot see the
/cocoon page! All the samples work just fine but when accessing

java.io.IOException: Cannot read directory from
file:/E:/JRUN/servers/default/cocoon2/cocoon"
 at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.DirectoryGenerator.generate(DirectoryGenerator.
java:137

Sounds like cocoon doesn't recognize that this is not a real file?!
Cheers
--
Torsten